Monday 22 July 2019

Show Report; Attack, Devizes 2019


My ‘local’ club in Devizes held its annual show, ‘Attack’ this weekend. I felt it was quieter than usual, but the entry numbers were good and the car park filled nicely. Also the traders all seemed to be doing well. I think the most impressive game was a 15mm Stalingrad game (I forget who put the game on), the terrain was excellent. The strange thing about such games is that nothing seems to happen; I observed the game throughout the show, and could not see any meaningful progress, maybe this is historical. The competition gaming was going strong, but the FoW group was much reduced, whilst the Bolt Action crowd was bigger; is this a trend in the WW2 sphere? There was also an active Saga competition that friends said they greatly enjoyed.

I managed to catch-up with friends and do some shopping, but I was not inspired, so I spent very little: I bought the modern Seven Days to the River Rhine rules (Great Escape Games), plus a couple to carts (Col Bills) and box of early C18 French Infantry. I saw nothing on the Bring and Buy stall that took my fancy, which is unusual. My attendance is largely to help to set up and take down the tables etc., and my thanks (and those of the club) should be given to the organisers and club volunteers who put in so much effort. I look forward to next years show!

No comments:

Post a Comment