Thursday 4 July 2019

Off the Painting Table (July 2019)


Summer is here and my wargaming activity has declined; too many other things to do. My Han Chinese army lies in a near complete but dormant state. I have realised I need a few more units to enable me to field opposing armies, so an order needs to be placed. I will not texture the bases etc. until these fresh units are painted.

After returning from a break in France (based around Caen), I have painted the figures from the ‘Western Legends’ boardgame. I am pretty happy with the results photographed below:


My old camera, which was never very good, seems to have developed ‘issues’ since returning from France. The first photo has a streaking effect for an unknown reason, and the images are more blurred than usual. I think a new camera is becoming a necessity!

As an aside, whilst in Caen we discovered by accident a nice boardgame cafe/bar on the quayside called ‘Bar Newport’. They had a good range of games and charged no table fee. It was really pleasant to sit playing a few games over a beer or coffee and watch the world go by.

Later this month we have our local Devizes show; Attack. I will as usual be there helping out and will post a report on this blog. I always look forward to this show because it usually provides a kickstart to my wargaming mojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment