Thursday 26 July 2018

Off the Painting Table (July 2018)


The on-going heat wave has put a dampener on both my gaming and painting efforts, but the visit to Attack last weekend has encouraged me to start again.


I want to further jazz-up my Samurai table top. So, I bought a mdf Torii gate and lanterns made by Blotz, and a Buddha statue produced by Ainsty. Construction was very easy and they painted up OK, maybe the red is duller than I intended.




I also purchased an Arab dwelling from 4Ground. I really enjoy putting these kits together, and this building was no exception. The double thick mdf of the main walls means they are sturdy, and applying the thin third layer on the outside gives a nice contrast between the brick and plaster work. There were no fiddly bits, and the door and hatch open/close well. I thought the stairs may prove difficult but they went together surprisingly easily. When I finish a 4Ground model I just immediately want to do more, so an order may be placed at the weekend if I get lucky on the horses (I’m off to Newbury races on Sunday).

No comments:

Post a Comment