Monday, 13 November 2017

Off the Painting Table (Nov 2017) part 2

Continuing on from my last post, the second and final batch of Battlelore figures have been completed. The speed of painting was again aided by the use of washes, which I find work well on barbarians, beasts and skeletal models. The biggest hurdle was painting the armour areas on the knights in particular. Unfortunately the clear plastic rod keeping the dragon model airborne snapped during assembly! I considered drilling out the recesses and using a spare rod, but after some reflection decided to instead mount the model grounded on the base. This is a more sturdy solution because I find flying models of all kinds tend to be those dropped and broken during play.

So, my painting pile is again reduced. Luckily I plan to attend the Warfare show next weekend where I can stock up for the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment