Sunday 13 October 2019

Inventory 2019


Due to a lack of painting and gaming activity at the moment, I decided (foolishly?) to update my inventory of wargaming armies and rules. I first created a ‘crude’ inventory back in the late 1990’s when I moved house. This was a purely electronic listing. It seemed like a good idea because all the boxes needed sorting and figures standing upright etc. In the early 2000’s I bought a new digital camera, so I decided to photo many of the armies and update/improve on my initial inventory, and then print out a hard copy. This did entail a lot of work but looked impressive, and proved very useful when planning games etc. It was my intension to maintain and add to this document whenever I painted up new units/armies, rebased etc. Such good plans sadly crumble when faced with reality!

Well, after 2 weeks sifting and sorting I have managed to complete the task. It is scary how much ‘stuff’ I’ve got! What is most concerning is the fact that many of the armies have not been out of their boxes for years. I now have a new resolution to try and get some of these figures on the table during the coming year(s). My catalogue now extends to almost 100 pages (not including photos) and is completely up to date. I’m amazed how many rule sets I’ve bought over the years (I never throw out or sell any rules); for example I’ve more than 30 different ‘Ancient’ rules (not including army lists), dating back to WRG 2nd edition! Anyway, my armies are labelled and lodged beneath my table in the garage and occupies roughly 1002 foot of space (not including rules on shelves). Surprisingly there are no major gaps in my collections; I was hoping to spot such gaps and finish any incomplete projects. What I have noticed is that some work could be done to provide ancillary markers, objectives, camps etc. I plan to rectify this went I visit Warfare in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment